Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I threw this together one night when I had a craving for something salty and creamy. This is just the recipe for the basic sauce, but you can use it over anything from pasta, veggies, meat, or a combination of them all! This recipe makes alot, but it'll keep in the fridge for a week or so. I always finish all of it up within a week and I'm only one person! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! *Note: Make sure you use Dried Basil only or it wont tast right at all!
- 3⁄4 cup sweet unsalted butter (make sure it's unsalted)
- 1 (24 ounce) carton sour cream (I use full fat because I think fat free tastes funny, but that's my own personal opinion)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton half-and-half (You can use Whipping Cream if you would like the sauce to be richer)
- 6 -8 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules (Depending on the desired saltiness)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (I used the jarred kind because its eaiser than chopping my own)
- 1⁄4 cup dried basil, only crushed (I've tried it with fresh Basil and it doesn't even come close to taste!)
- Using medium heat melt butter in a sauce pan, being careful not to let it burn.
- Once melted lower heat if needed and add in Garlic and Instant Chicken Bullion.
- Next stir in sourcream until smooth.
- Finally stir in your dried Basil that you've crumbled finely in your hands and the Half N Half and heat until warm.