Recipe by JenSmith
This stuff is great for just about anything! For a fancy presentation, use an ice cream scoop or melon baller to form the butter into balls. You can make plenty of this when basil is in season and store it for later use in the freezer. If you don't have a food processor, use your blender. Cook time is freeze time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3⁄4 lb salted butter (NO SUBSTITUTES!) or 3⁄4 lb unsalted butter, softened (NO SUBSTITUTES!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, chop the basil. Add butter, lemon juice and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Drop by half-tablespoons onto a cookie sheet; freeze.
- Remove from cookie sheet and store in freezer bags.
- Use to flavor chicken, fish, or vegetables, or as a spread for bread. Any other use you can think of is probably all right too.