Recipe by cookiedog
These have avocado and cream cheese making a change on the regular cheeseburger. From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
Top Review by SJBG
Soooo tasty! I was craving avocado and had some basil to use up, so I searched recipes with these ingredients and stumbled upon this. The cream cheese is such a nice change from the usual burger condiments, and went splendidly with the avocado. Next time I'll add more basil (personal taste) and dice up the onions and add them to the meat mixture before grilling because 1) I'm awful at slicing onions evenly, and 2) the onions kept slipping off as we ate, so this method might be easier and more convenient. Will certainly be making these again. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onions
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion and avocado on the roll bottoms; replace the tops.