Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have a real fondness for basil. This is a favorite salad of mine.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- Cut beans into 1 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans and next 6 ingredients.
- Sprinkle with Romano cheese and toss to coat.
Very tasty salad! I added a teaspoon of minced garlic, and used regular chopped onion. The basil makes this a standout! We had this with scallops and pasta. Thanks Sue!!
This is a great salad. I used balsamic vinegar and Thai basil. I served it as part of a cold buffet on a hot summer day. Thanks for a dish I will be making again.