Recipe by gourmetmomma
From a fantastic award winningregional cookbook from the Junior League of North Harris County (Houston). It is called Texas Ties, and I have NEVER had a bad recipe from the book. I have not tried this one, but it sounds yummy.
Top Review by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
Wonderful taste! I used tomatoes from the farmers market. Fresh basil from my garden. I baked them for 2 1/2 hours. The were served in a salad with grilled pork chops. Thanks gourmetmomma. Made for CameraLess Chefs 07.
- 18 small roma tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half lenghtwise.
- Arrange the tomatoes cut side up in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with the basil and garlic; drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The tomatoes are done when shriveled but still moist.
- Cool to room temperature. Season with salt to taste just before serving.
- Note: this is supposed to be a good pizza topping, pasta topping, or as an dition to grilled cheese sandwiches or tossed green salads.