Recipe by MNLisaB
Easy recipe to enjoy for a thin, mild tasting fillet, such as tilapia or flounder. This is from our local paper......
Top Review by HisPixie
Good, with modifications. Added garlic powder and a dash of cayenne...I combined the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne and sprinkled it over the fish. After the breadcrumbs, I also added some chopped fresh oregano. I LOVE basil and it's growing in my herb garden so I specifically looked for a basil tilapia recipe. This one works. :)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 4 thin fish fillets, like tilapa
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Pour wine and butter into glass measuring cup and microwave on high until butter begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Spread basil leaves over bottom of 9 X 13 glass baking dish, reserving a few large ones for the top of the fish.
- Place fillets over the remaining basil.
- Remove the wine mixture from the microwave and add fresh lemon juice.
- Stir or whisk the wine mixture and pour over the fish.
- Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the onion powder and bread crumbs evenly over the fish, then add paprika.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, place in lower third of preheated oven, for 12 minutes.
- Uncover fish and continue to cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve at once.