Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An elegant looking Italian chicken meal that comes out of your crockpot! Who would have known
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts (frozen or jarred but needs to be drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine (can substitute chicken broth or do half wine or half broth)
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
- In large non stick skillet, brown chicken in 1-2 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat until golden on both sides. Time will vary between breasts and thighs; may need to do in 2 batches.
- Remove golden chicken pieces and place in crock pot.
- Add vinegar, garlic, and leeks to skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in artichoke and wine. Cook 1 minute. Pour all ingredients in skillet over chicken in your crock pot.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low.
- Stir in parsley, basil, and tomatoes and continue cooking an additional hour.
- Serve hot.
Very good recipe and easy to make. It does have a little peppery bite to it, but not overpowering. I served this over mashed potatoes and it was a very nice meal.