- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups arugula, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil, tomato juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Add shrimp, bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until cool.
- Toss arugula and basil together; divide among 4 plates.
- Remove shrimp from saucepan; set vinaigrette aside.
- Place shrimp over salad and add tomatoes; drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.