1/3 Photos of Basil and Roasted Garlic Pesto
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Excellent on bruschetta. Is also great on pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cut top 1/3 off of garlic head; peel away paper skin to thin layer or 2 surrounding the cloves.
- 3Place in small ovenproof dish; drizzle top with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 4Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes; allow to cool.
- 5Squeeze garlic out of the paper skin into a small bowl; set aside.
- 6Place half the basil in a blender; add 1/2 the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and the remaining basil, the other half of the oil, and pulse until blended.
- 7Remove mixture to a bowl; add the parmesan and juice from lemon wedge and mix well.
- 8Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil and Roasted Garlic Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 40.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g