Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was craving a light and savory pesto one summer night, but didn't want to run to the store for the only missing ingredient: pine nuts. This recipe is a combination of different pesto recipes. The lime juice livens this pesto up in an interesting way. I like to use this pesto for pasta, but it easily takes the place of any classic pesto. I also use it for a topping on eggplant sandwiches, a spread for wraps, or a dip for pizza or veggies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- If you would like a thinner sauce, add extra olive oil or water.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week or frozen for 3 months.