Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great little appetizer
Make and share this Basil and Mushroom Turnovers recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml flour
- 118.29 ml butter
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml basil, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- About two hours before serving, process cream cheese, flour and ½ cup of butter in a food processor till smooth.
- Shape into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms and onions in 3 tbsp butter till tender.
- Add salt, basil and flour, stir together, add sour cream. Stir until thickened. Set aside.
- On a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll half of dough 1/8-inch thick.
- With floured 2½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as possible.
- Repeat with other half of dough.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Onto one-half of each dough circle, place a tsp of mushroom mixture.
- Brush edges of circle with some egg; fold dough over filling.
- With fork, firmly press edges together to seal; prick tops.
- Place turnovers on un-greased cookie sheet; brush with remaining egg.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes till golden. Serve warm.