A great little appetizer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1About two hours before serving, process cream cheese, flour and ½ cup of butter in a food processor till smooth.
- 2Shape into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- 3In skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms and onions in 3 tbsp butter till tender.
- 4Add salt, basil and flour, stir together, add sour cream. Stir until thickened. Set aside.
- 5On a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll half of dough 1/8-inch thick.
- 6With floured 2½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as possible.
- 7Repeat with other half of dough.
- 8Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 9Onto one-half of each dough circle, place a tsp of mushroom mixture.
- 10Brush edges of circle with some egg; fold dough over filling.
- 11With fork, firmly press edges together to seal; prick tops.
- 12Place turnovers on un-greased cookie sheet; brush with remaining egg.
- 13Bake 12 to 15 minutes till golden. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil and Mushroom Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (1091 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.4
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.8 g
- Cholesterol 234.8 mg
- Sodium 1147.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.0 g