Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks fantastic. An epicurious.com find--I have been looking for good healthy (and CREATIVE) lunch bag stuff when classes start up again....this will keep for up to one week in the fridge if covered well.
- 1⁄2 cup packed torn basil leaves
- 1⁄2 clove peeled garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Blend first three ingredients in food processor until basil is finely chopped.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Enjoy on your favorite sandwich!
I used this as a marinade for chicken kebabs at a birthday party last weekend. The chicken came out really tender & the flavor was great, everyone loved it & 3 people asked for the recipe. I'm going to try it on shrimp next. Thanks for the recipe!
Easy and quick, and a welcome variation on the usual spreads. Thanks.