Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting for Zaar World Tour. Spread on crostini bread or crackers.
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil, to make spreadable
- Process basil leaves, chives and onions in food processor until fine.
- Add feta and garlic and process until well mixed.
- Slowly add enough olive oil to make spreadable.
*Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gangs visit to Greece * We enjoyed this dip today with lavosh crackers. As Sarah in Mew York said ....we also thought the flavours were intense. We made a 1/2 batch of this recipe and used fresh basil from our garden and cold pressed extra virgin kalamata olive oil. Instead of adding more oil...and in keeping with the Greek feel....we added a few tablespoons of Greek plain yogurt, some freshly squeezed lemon juice and white pepper. This seemed to balance the saltiness from the fetta cheese. Photo also to be posted
Made this spread for a family gathering today and it was well-liked. We followed directions and ingredients as posted except for the addition of freshly ground black pepper. We served on garlic baguettes and rice crackers. Thanks!
This was very good! I used fresh basil from my garden and had a blast making it! I think the flavors are a bit intense, but I still loved it. I will probably add some sour cream next time... Made for ZWT 4.