- 1 medium English cucumber
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, soft
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup frozen crabmeat (cooked, thawed and flaked)
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the cucumbers lenghtwise with tines of fork if desired. Cut into 36 (1/4") slices.
- In small bowl, beat cheese with mixer on lwo speed till creamy. beat in mayo till mixed. Stir in basil, onion, lemon peel, and crabmeat.
- Spread or pipe 1 tsp of mixture onto cucumber slices.
- sprinkle with capers. garnish with bsil leaves if desired. Add lettuce leaves as garnish.