Heaps cheaper than commercially made product. Can be used with meat and/or vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine garlic and ginger.
- 2Wash basil, shake off excess water and pluck leaves from the stalks.
- 3Remove seeds from chillies and chop roughly.
- 4Leave seeds in for a hotter paste.
- 5Mix all ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
- 6Add lemon juice and mix through.
- 7Decant and refrigerate.
- 8Makes about 250g.
- 9Note: To make stir-fry us 30g of paste per 500g meat and/or vegetables.
- 10For a more authtentic touch add 1 teaspoon brown sugar and a dash of oyster and fish sauce just before serving.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil and Chilli Stir Fry Paste
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: