Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Heaps cheaper than commercially made product. Can be used with meat and/or vegetables.
Make and share this Basil and Chilli Stir Fry Paste recipe from Food.com.
- Combine garlic and ginger.
- Wash basil, shake off excess water and pluck leaves from the stalks.
- Remove seeds from chillies and chop roughly.
- Leave seeds in for a hotter paste.
- Mix all ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
- Add lemon juice and mix through.
- Decant and refrigerate.
- Makes about 250g.
- Note: To make stir-fry us 30g of paste per 500g meat and/or vegetables.
- For a more authtentic touch add 1 teaspoon brown sugar and a dash of oyster and fish sauce just before serving.