Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Heaps cheaper than commercially made product. Can be used with meat and/or vegetables.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 small red chilies, minced
- 10 ml lemon juice
- Combine garlic and ginger.
- Wash basil, shake off excess water and pluck leaves from the stalks.
- Remove seeds from chillies and chop roughly.
- Leave seeds in for a hotter paste.
- Mix all ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
- Add lemon juice and mix through.
- Decant and refrigerate.
- Makes about 250g.
- Note: To make stir-fry us 30g of paste per 500g meat and/or vegetables.
- For a more authtentic touch add 1 teaspoon brown sugar and a dash of oyster and fish sauce just before serving.
This is super tasty and really easy to make as well. I had some beautiful basil to use up and wanted something besides my norm of pesto and tomato type sauces. Yum. I used red chili paste and lime juice, but otherwise kept to the recipe. We also added a bit of veggie oyster sauce at the end. Next time I will add more chili paste because we like our food pretty spicy. Thanks for posting, I'll make this again for sure.