Recipe by graniteangel
This salad is very favorful and great for picnics or BBQs. Fresh basil, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and tangy balsamic vinaigrette really come together to make this dish a favorite.
- 1 lb cavatappi dry pasta
- 1 (16 fluid ounce) bottle balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces fresh basil, chopped into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmigiano, grated
- 1 avocado
- 1 English cucumber, chopped in large chunks
- fresh ground black pepper
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the pasta until al dente. Strain and rinse with cold water immediately to stop from continued cooking.
- Once pasta is fulled cooled (as in cold), pour pasta into a large mixing bowl. Add the entire bottle of dressing, the mozzarella chopped into about 1/2 inch cubes, basil, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and green onions. Mix together and taste. Add ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste. You'll probably only need very little if any salt. It depends on the brand of dressing you buy.
- Let sit in the fridge at least 2 hours. Fold in parmigiano cheese, cucumber and chopped avocado right before you serve.