Recipe by bigbadbrenda
This is from a magazine. A tasty dip for vegetables
Top Review by Chilicat
I was planning on having this with veggies but we ended up using it as a dip for chicken instead. great aioli, and so easy to make! The basil and lemon give it a wonderfully bright, fresh flavor. Thanks for posting!
- 2⁄3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor pulse together basil, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce until smooth.
- Pulse in mayonnaise.
- Put in refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Choose your vegetables, cut into strips.
- Blanch in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and chill in ice water.
- I used carrots, peppers and green beans.
- I added radishes, tomatoes and cucumbers to the platter after.
- Time does not include the chilling time.