1/3 Photos of Basically the Best Bruschetta Ever
2 hrs 30 mins
I've enjoyed bruschetta in the past, but it always seemed to be lacking some zip so I started experimenting. Now, I have a bunch of people asking me to can it and give them some! Hope you enjoy as much as the rest of them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered,seeded,and minced fairly fine. (so they stay on the garlic bread really well!)
- 1 medium vidalia onion, minced very fine
- 3 cloves elephant garlic or 4 cloves regular garlic, minced very fine
- chives or garlic sprouts, snipped fine to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste (as we like it quite tart)
- 4 tablespoons basil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- black pepper
- 1combine all ingredients above and refrigerate for several hours, check for taste and season accordingly.
- 2(If you find it to vinegary for your taste simply add some sugar and olive oil).
- 3Serve on garlic bread with some parm cheese (the fresh, block kind you grate your self) or bake on the bread with a little feta or assagio cheese for a change of pace.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basically the Best Bruschetta Ever
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g