Recipe by Norelllaura1
I've enjoyed bruschetta in the past, but it always seemed to be lacking some zip so I started experimenting. Now, I have a bunch of people asking me to can it and give them some! Hope you enjoy as much as the rest of them!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We loved this. Very tangy taste to it. I think I'll decrease the Balsamic vinegar a little next time because it was a little much for us. I substituted red onions for the vidalia because of personal taste and it worked well. My DD and I loved it as a salad to steak and shrimp. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered,seeded,and minced fairly fine. (so they stay on the garlic bread really well!)
- 1 medium vidalia onion, minced very fine
- 3 cloves elephant garlic or 4 cloves regular garlic, minced very fine
- chives or garlic sprouts, snipped fine to taste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste (as we like it quite tart)
- 4 tablespoons basil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all ingredients above and refrigerate for several hours, check for taste and season accordingly.
- (If you find it to vinegary for your taste simply add some sugar and olive oil).
- Serve on garlic bread with some parm cheese (the fresh, block kind you grate your self) or bake on the bread with a little feta or assagio cheese for a change of pace.