Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A basic Zucchini Slice, but very adapable and quite flavoursome. To vary the dish, try adding diced Chorizo sausage.
- 375 g zucchini (grated, squeeze out excess liquid)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 3 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 5 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup tasty cheese (grated)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- Combine ingredients and season with pepper. Pour into a well greased 28cm x 18cm baking dish. Bake in a moderate oven for 40 minutes.
- Squeezing out the excess juice from the zucchini helps produce a more robust, solid end product that can be sliced very finely.
Great and easy to make when you have no time