Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe and so I thought I would post it here so that I can access it no matter where I am... as long as I have internet access. It is a cross between a yellow cake and a pound cake that someone came up with. Makes a beautiful cake that maintains its freshness for days.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut wax paper to fit the bottom of (3) 9 x 1 1/2-inch round pans. Spray the pans with cooking spray, place the wax paper in the pans and spray the paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Measure the 1-1/4 cups of milk in a 2 cup measuring cup….then add enough vegetable oil to bring the liquid up to 1-1/3 cups.
- Add the milk/vegetable oil mixture, butter and vanilla to the flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer on medium to medium-high speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and continue beating an additional 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center of cake comes out clean, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool cakes on wire racks for 15 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost as desired.