- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant pudding mix, optional flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until lightened in color.
- Sift flour, baking powder, pudding and salt together.
- Beat egg yolks and milk together.
- Alternate adding the egg/milk mixture with the dry ingredients, mixing well before adding more.
- When all combined, add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before icing.