Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use this dough to make all kinds of rolls, and shapes. This will keep in the fridge up to 5 days. It mixes up quick, doesn't need alot of kneading.
- 7.08 g package dry yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water (105F to 115F)
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77-828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add sugar, shortening, egg, salt, and half of flour; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free of drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk, or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. (if refrigerating, let return to room temp before proceeding).
- Punch dough down, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times. Shape and bake as desired.
Just wanted to say that this made excellent bread! I tripled the ingredients and what delicious bread it turned out to be. I don't have the premium membership or I would have uploaded a picture of the beautiful bread. The crust was perfect too. It's easy to make and will definately be made everytime I need more. Tonight, I'm making rolls. Thank you KittyKitty!!! You've got my thumbs up on this!!!!