Recipe by KittyKitty
You can use this dough to make all kinds of rolls, and shapes. This will keep in the fridge up to 5 days. It mixes up quick, doesn't need alot of kneading.
Top Review by Alma W.
So easy and so good! I made jalepeno cheese rolls and two small loaves of bread with this, was so easy to make and refrigerate. It's a great base recipe to add stuff to and stores well. Starting a new batch, gonna make pizza later :) Thanks!!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105F to 115F)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add sugar, shortening, egg, salt, and half of flour; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free of drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk, or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. (if refrigerating, let return to room temp before proceeding).
- Punch dough down, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times. Shape and bake as desired.