Top Review by Climbnyak
Great! Very easy! I used half for cinnamon rolls and half for dinner rolls. The family really liked them, which is saying a lot since they are not yet big fans of fresh ground wheat. I used a mix of hard and soft white wheats and it turned out great. Next time I will add more than 3 cups. I did check it early on, but it looked fine. When it was done however, it was extremely soft and sticky. Thanks so much for this recipe!
- 1 1⁄3 cups lukewarm water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup gluten flour (such as "Do-pep")
- 3 -3 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour, to dust the board when rolling out dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 6 ingredients in the order listed, to bread machine and process on dough setting. (During the first 5-10 minutes, if dough is sticky, add more whole wheat flour a teaspoonful at a time. Or, if dough is dry, add more water a teaspoonful at a time.).
- Ater bread machine beeps that it's done (approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes), remove from bread pan onto lightly floured board, using from reserved 1/4 cup flour to dust the board as needed to keep from sticking.
- Divide dough in half, and continue with your favorite sweet bread, roll or cinnamon rolls recipe. Repeat with second half of dough. (Bake according to your recipe's instructions.).