Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. I use this for eggs on toast!
Make and share this Basic White Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir over low heat until evenly combined and smooth, making a roux.
- After butter and flour are combined with no lumps, slowly add all of the milk.
- Stir constantly to evenly blend flour mixture and milk.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.