From Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. I use this for eggs on toast!
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a small saucepan; Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- 2Cook and stir over low heat until evenly combined and smooth, making a roux.
- 3After butter and flour are combined with no lumps, slowly add all of the milk.
- 4Stir constantly to evenly blend flour mixture and milk.
- 5Continue to cook and stir the mixture over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 231.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g