Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
basic white sauce
Make and share this basic white sauce recipe from Food.com.
- melt the flour and butter with a balloon whisk and cook gently for about a minute or two to cook the flour.
- It will turn into a sort of ball.
- Add the milk and keep whisking, turn the heat up slightly and keep going with the whisk until bubbles come, then stop or the bottom of the saucepan will burn.
- You can now take it off the heat and add whatever, cheese/mushrooms/use for lasagne etc etc.
- for large quantities just multiply.
Easy to make.
It is so nice not to look in every cook book for this simple sauce :o)