Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a basic cake mixture to use for any white cake. I found it on Smockity Frocks when searching for a funfetti recipe for my kids' birthday cakes. The original recipe didn't include baking time and temperature. HAPPY BAKING! I grabbed my baking time from
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut in shortening until fine crumbs are formed.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat at low speed for 1 minute, then high for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl frequently.
- TIP: Egg whites may be beaten separately before adding to mix for a lighter cake.