Recipe by andypandy
This is a Colette Peters recipe which I saw on The Sara Moulten show in June 1999. All the measurements must be weighed out in the recipe each and every time you bake this cake, as weather is a real factor with flours and changes weight .
- 8 ounces butter
- 21 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 cup egg white, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 9 ounces cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Remember all ingredients all -- must be weighed out on a scale to make this recipe.
- Combine the room temperature butter with the sugar and beat a good five minutes or more until fluffy.
- Add in the salt and vanilla, beat again until well combined.
- Add in the one cup room temperature egg whites, beating in and scraping well the bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add in the combination of baking powder and both weighed out flours in three parts, alternating with the room temperature milk.
- Ending with the flour and blend only until combined. Do not over beat.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 or 9 inch cake pans, or a 9 x 13 prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven about 30 - 35 minutes, or until a tester comes away clean just with a crumb or two clinging.
- Place on wire racks still in pan and cool 15 minutes.
- Remove after 15 minutes out of the pans onto to the cooling rack, and cool completely.
- When cooled frost, or wrap and store.