1/2 Photos of Basic White Bread (Kitchenaid)
Linda's Kitchen's Note:
I've tried to find this recipe on the web and can't find it. I use this for making bierocks. This is the KitchenAid basic white bread recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk, sugar, salt, and butter in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.
- 2Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture and 4 1/2 cups flour. Attach bowl and dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute. Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans side of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes longer, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Dough will be slightly sticky to the touch.
- 3Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- 4Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape each half into a loaf and place in a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
- 6When using for bierocks, after dough rises first time, cut dough in 12 pieces. roll each piece into a circle. Fill with hamburger cabbage filling ( I use Stuffed Hamburger-Cabbage Buns (Runzas or Bierocks)).
- 7Spoon the filling in the middle of the circle then pinch the edges together and fold the ends in and place on greased baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse ground pepper and salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic White Bread (Kitchenaid)
Serving Size: 1 (1210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1425.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 2522.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 263.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 37.3 g