Recipe by * Pamela *
This recipe came with my Black and Decker All in One Horizontal 2 lb bread maker. I am posting the recipe here so that I can not ever misplace it:) This recipe also make great buns!
Top Review by cindyp1958
I was about to throw out my bread machine, then I tried this recipe and created a perfect loaf of white bread that my whole family loved. I have the Black & Decker B6000C, and every loaf I made (3 before this one), was either too high and stuck to the top, or got stuck on the sides/bottom and was mangled coming out of the machine. For this loaf I used the 2lb, light setting, added a 15 minute delay time (as instructed in the recipe), used a plastic bread knife around the edges after backing was complete, then jiggled the heck out of the bread pan to release the loaf and it came out perfectly. Yeah, I can finally make a great loaf of white bread. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄3 cups luke warm water
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 3⁄4 cups white flour or 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- For Bread Measure ingredients in order listed into baking pan Insert baking pan into unit and close lid Select BASIC setting and choose REGULAR or DARK crust.
- Push start button.
- (15 minute delay before mixing begins) Timer will signal when baking cycle is complete.
- Using pot holders, remove baking pan from unit and carefully turn bread out of baking pan.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- For Buns: Prepare bread recipe and use DOUGH setting When cycle ends, divide dough in to 16 small or 24 medium equal pieces.
- Roll into balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until double in size about 50 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees (preheated) for 20 minutes.