Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe was included in a book that came with my old Black and Decker bread machine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- Combine water and powdered milk. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Measure ingredients in the order listed into baking pan.
- Insert baking pan into oven chamber and secure it. Close lid.
- Select Basic Bread setting and 2 pound loaf.
- Using oven mitts, remove bread when completion beeps sound.
- Put bread in large zip lock bag and seal.
- Cool on wire rack before slicing.
One complaint i received was that it was salty. Will try again with 1/2 tap. Other than that. Wonderful texture, loved the crust.
Delicious. My bread machine didn't come with instructions for white bread. This was excellent. Thanks.