Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 (7 1/4 g) package active dry yeast
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Either on the stove or in the microwave, warm up the water, butter, brown sugar and salt to 110-115 degrees. make sure butter is melted.
- In mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour (either one) and yeast. Pour water mixture into flour mixture. With Paddle attachment, mix until combined.
- Switch to dough hook and add flour 1/2 cup at a time. until dough becomes a ball and is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a light cloth. Let rise until doubled in size, about 90 minutes.
- Gently punch down dough and remove from bowl. Let dough rest for 10 minutes then form into loaf shape.
- Place in greased loaf pan. Cover loosely with greased (I used spray) plastic wrap. Let rise for another 30 minutes, until loaf is risen about 1 inch above rim of pan.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, then cover top with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.