Recipe by Sharlene~W
This is the recipe that came with my Cuisinart waffle maker. Tasty and light.
Top Review by TheNovakFamily
Thank you. I made this once as is, and the next time I added 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2t. to 3/4 t. of vanilla. It just added a bit of sweetness. My husband loves it, plus it is EASY to throw together on a saturday morning. Even the night before you can mix all the dry ingredients and place a cover over the bowl, so you only have to add the wet ingredients in the morning for an even FASTER, recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and stir to mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Use less than you think on your 1st waffle, spreading batter with a non-stick spatula. Batter spreads and rises, so you don't want to overfill your waffle iron.
- Cook until done--varies depending on temperature of your waffle iron.