Recipe by TheDiva1959
Very basic waffle recipe I got from a cookbook owned by a friend. I don't remember the name of the cookbook but these are the best crispest waffles I've made... so far. You might want to put sugar or splenda in the batter as well if you want to make it sweet.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Mix together milk, yolks and butter.
- Gradually add milk mixture to dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Fold beaten egg whites in and continue folding until well mixed.
- Cook on a greased hot waffle-iron.
- Serve with maple syrup.