Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I don't have the time or inclination to look up a recipe this is the salad dressing I make. I always have all the ingredients and I can change it up to match what I've put in the salad. I keep this in the fridge for up to a week and just bring it to room temperature and whisk again before serving.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if using table salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup olive oil
- Whisk the garlic cloves, mustard, vinegar, kosher salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Use any other vinegar you have, including red wine vinegar and balsamic.
- Leave out the garlic or add herbs as you like.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano and/or substitute lemon juice for the vinegar for a Greek-like dressing. I would leave out the mustard for this but the dressing will not emulsify as well without it.
The fall back recipe is my usual one. Add some pomegranate seeds and pine nuts to your salad to round it off.
I'm sorry, but I just did not care for this dressing, but I'm glad to see others enjoyed it!
I've used this recipe with my home infused vinegars (blackberry, pear and plum) and could not have been happier!. I also used it as a marinade for chicken and steak. Thank you