Recipe by Cookin-jo
When I don't have the time or inclination to look up a recipe this is the salad dressing I make. I always have all the ingredients and I can change it up to match what I've put in the salad. I keep this in the fridge for up to a week and just bring it to room temperature and whisk again before serving.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if using table salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the garlic cloves, mustard, vinegar, kosher salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Use any other vinegar you have, including red wine vinegar and balsamic.
- Leave out the garlic or add herbs as you like.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano and/or substitute lemon juice for the vinegar for a Greek-like dressing. I would leave out the mustard for this but the dressing will not emulsify as well without it.