Recipe by Moody
I like 'basic' recipes because you learn the simplest way to make something, and once you've mastered it, you can make it your own by tweaking the ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh,chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk everything except lemon juice in a small bowl, just until thickened.
- Add lemon juice& whisk again.
- You can substitute red or white wine for the vinegar.
- You can substitute another juice, like orange, or lime, for the lemon juice.
- Just make sure you use fresh squeezed, or the results will be a little flavourless.
- You may substitute another fresh herb for the parsley.
- Vegetable seasoning salt, like Herbamare Original Aromatic Sea Salts, give the dressing a more complex flavour, instead of a salty flavour.
- Real, crispy bacon, and a little of the fat makes a nice dressing for non-vegetarians.