Based on a recipe from Jordan Maerin’s book, Raw Foods for Busy People. Note: Jordan subscribes to the 80% raw and 100% whole and organic foods definition. On the question of “How raw is raw?” she identifies her sources: 100% Raw Plant Food Diet, Hippocrates Diet, Natural Hygiene, Essene Diet, Macrobiotic-Raw Diet, Hunza Diet, and the Temporary Raw Diet. Jordan advises, “Keep this one handy. It makes a great marinade too.” Jordan suggests marinating cherry tomatoes or mushrooms, or any other vegetable of your choice, in the Basic Vinaigrette for three hours at room temperature, stirring often, or overnight in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, to enjoy as a salad garnish, or as munchies at any time of day.
- 236.59 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml raw cider (or a mixture of both) or 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar (or a mixture of both)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml honey or 29.58 ml agave syrup
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- dried chili (optional)
- Assemble ingredients in any kind of jar.
- Shake before use.