Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy and quick dressing to put together. Fresh lemon juice is wonderful but bottled could also be used. Adapted from a website with many idea's for keeping life simple.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small glass bowl whisk together lemon juice, honey, and shallots.
- Still whisking, slowly add the oil in a thin stream.
- Whisk constantly until the dressing is emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
Just what I was looking for! I did not have any shallots, so I made the dressing without. I also preferred a bit more honey for added sweetness. This was fantastic over an arugula salad with glazed walnuts, pears and blueberries. It was very refreshing. Thanks!
Made this to serve over a mixed summer green salad. I used fresh lemon and added about 1/2 tsp. more honey for DH's taste and a little minced garlic...WONDERFUL. Will be making this often. Thank you.
This is simple but a very yummy vinaigrette. Takes 2 mins to make if that. I will be making this one again. Made for RECIPE SWAP #28 - May 2009 in Aust/NZ forum.