Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is your basic vinaigrette, to this, you can add in herbs and fresh garlic or whatever you please, it's really good as is over a salad and also over veggies too!.
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 -6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- water, to thin (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Slowly add in 6 tablespoons vegetable oil until the mixture is thickened, then whisk in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If necessary add in a small amount of water to thin.
This was a really great recipe Kitten as all your recipes are. I added minced garlic, basil and Italian seasonings. I didn't need the water. This was perfect. I used it for a very simple salad of romaine, capers and roasted red peppers. We all loved it.. Thanks a bunch for this recipe posting Kitten.
A nice basic vinaigrette which was used to make Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Walnuts. To the leftovers, I added a touch of a salt-free herb blend.
good basic vinaigrette - you can flavour this easily using herbs of choice - I used oregano and basil.