Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Great as a base for miso or other areas where you don't want to use Dashi.
- 6 kale leaves
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 2 onions, cut in chunks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 turnip, cut in chunks
- 1 cup winter squash, cut in chunks and skin removed
- bouquet garni
- 4 inchs kombu seaweed
- 8 -10 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the leeks into thin rounds. The bouquest garni consists of 2 bay leaves, 3 sprigs parsley, 1 sprig thyme.
- EZ method: Pressure cooker. Put everyting in the pressure cooker. Bring to high. Reduce and cook over low for 10 minutes. Cool and strain.
- Non pressure cooker: Bring to everything to a boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Again cool and strain.
- Will store for 5 days in airtight container in refrigerator. Also freezes well.