1/2 Photos of Basic Vegan Waffles
It seems like most of the vegan waffle recipes I find are made healthy, but I was looking for something basic. I took the "Grandma's Buttermilk Waffles" recipe from here and veganized it with good results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine non-dairy milk and vinegar in cup, let sit for 10 minutes (the milk will "sour").
- 2In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and soda; stir to mix.
- 3Add in Ener-G, milk, and margarine; mix well.
- 4Pour batter into a preheated prepared waffle iron; cook until steaming stops and waffles are crisp and golden.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Vegan Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 830.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute
non-dairy milk substitute