Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
It seems like most of the vegan waffle recipes I find are made healthy, but I was looking for something basic. I took the "Grandma's Buttermilk Waffles" recipe from here and veganized it with good results.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg equivalent Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 2 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Combine non-dairy milk and vinegar in cup, let sit for 10 minutes (the milk will "sour").
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and soda; stir to mix.
- Add in Ener-G, milk, and margarine; mix well.
- Pour batter into a preheated prepared waffle iron; cook until steaming stops and waffles are crisp and golden.