Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great Donna Hay recipe this has never failed me and I am not the best of bakers.. I never thought I could make great pastry.
- 1 2⁄3 plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 180 g butter, cold, chopped
- 1⁄3 ice water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the flour, sugar and baking powder in a food processor and process to combine.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- With the motor running gradually add the water and vanilla and process until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap nd place in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.