Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Basic cupcake recipe for dressing up as you desire...see my other cupcake recipes and frosting recipes for some great variations... Some quick ideas: top with edible flowers, crushed oreos, crystallized ginger, etc. Fold chocolate chips, oreo cookies, crumbled candies into batter. Healthy variation with whole-wheat flour, egg white, splenda, smart balance, fat-free milk...
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- On medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar. Beat 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Alternately beat in reserved flour mixture with milk mixture. Starting and ending with flour.
- Divide batter among liners.
- Bake 15-18 mins or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes Transfer to racks to cool completely.