Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Basic cupcake recipe for dressing up as you desire...see my other cupcake recipes and frosting recipes for some great variations... Some quick ideas: top with edible flowers, crushed oreos, crystallized ginger, etc. Fold chocolate chips, oreo cookies, crumbled candies into batter. Healthy variation with whole-wheat flour, egg white, splenda, smart balance, fat-free milk...
- Preheat oven to 300°F Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- On medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar. Beat 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Alternately beat in reserved flour mixture with milk mixture. Starting and ending with flour.
- Divide batter among liners.
- Bake 15-18 mins or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes Transfer to racks to cool completely.