Basic cupcake recipe for dressing up as you desire...see my other cupcake recipes and frosting recipes for some great variations... Some quick ideas: top with edible flowers, crushed oreos, crystallized ginger, etc. Fold chocolate chips, oreo cookies, crumbled candies into batter. Healthy variation with whole-wheat flour, egg white, splenda, smart balance, fat-free milk...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 3Combine milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- 4On medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar. Beat 2 minutes.
- 5Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- 6Alternately beat in reserved flour mixture with milk mixture. Starting and ending with flour.
- 7Divide batter among liners.
- 8Bake 15-18 mins or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes Transfer to racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Vanilla Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 181.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g