Recipe by Axe
Perfect recipe for using up leftovers! If you have eggs, milk, rice and cheese, you can practically clean out your fridge right into your quiche pan. Sometimes I even add some leftover meat. It can be served fresh hot or cold or freeze it for a quick, easy meal during the week!
Top Review by kiwidutch
Axe, This recipe was easy to make and made excellent use of leftover veggies and rice, but suffers a little in it's blandness. I would make it again, but next time with the addition of some fresh herbs. I have, and have tried many similar recipes and while this one is not at all bad, it is not quite in the hemisphere's of my 4 or 5 star ratings ... (once you have been on Zaar a while you will find you get more demanding of recipes). That said, it's ideal for kids and was a lovely recipe for a week day dinner. Definiately very edible, just lacking raves. I will certainly make it again, Please see my rating system, a very respectable 3 stars:) Thanks !
- 473.18 ml rice, cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 226.79 g vegetables, any leftover cooked veggies, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cooked rice, egg and soy sauce.
- Spread evenly to cover well-buttered quiche pan or pie plate.
- Bake rice crust at 350 F for 10 minute.
- Place chopped vegetable in bottom of crust.
- Mix together: eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over vegetables.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and let sit ten minutes before serving.