- turkey neck, gizzard heart, wing tips, reserved from 1 turkey
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or dry vermouth)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, slices
- 1 onion, sliced (red or yellow is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (or 15 fresh sage leaves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare stock, combine ingredients in a large heavy nonreactive pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Liquid should reduce by about 1/3 to about 1 1/2 cups.
- Pour broth into a gravy seperator to remove fat. Strain through fine mesh sieve.