1/2 Photos of Basic Trifle Recipe
2 hrs 45 mins
Here is a basic trifle recipe that can be built upon in so many ways. Here, I have listed only a few of the MANY variations you can make using this recipe. Have fun and experiment and please let me know what you come up with. This recipe is awesome. Cook time is chill time and will be longer if you make your own cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pudding or custard according to directions and let cool.
- 2Mix the fruit with the sherry.
- 3Cut the cake into 1" chunks and place 1/2 of the chunks in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- 4Layer 1/2 of the fruit on top of the cake layer and top with 1/2 the pudding.
- 5Repeat layering.
- 6Top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh fruit.
- 7Chill well before serving.
- 9To make a low fat trifle, use angel food cake, fat-free pudding and low fat whipped cream.
- 10Strawberry Shortcake Trifle- Yellow or Angel food cake, custard and strawberries.
- 11Black Forest Trifle- Chocolate cake, raspberries and custard.
- 12Tropical Trifle- Angel food cake, mixed pineapple, mangoes, papayas, vanilla or lemon pudding. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- 13Apples and cream Trifle- Spice Cake, Apple pie filling and custard.
- 14Banana Creme Trifle- White or chocolate cake, Sliced Bananas, Custard.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Trifle Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant pudding mix