See my recipes for tortellini fillings--these are what I've used to fill this pasta.
Make and share this Basic Tortellini Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
- Create a well with the flour and salt.
- Whisk together the three eggs, oil and water thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients little by little to center of flour well, mixing gradually until dough becomes a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until ball is smooth and elastic.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Allow to rest for thirty minutes in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap.
- After thirty minutes, cut dough into circles that are approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Place 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of filling in center of dough circle, fold over into a half moon shape, and then join edges around your finger, forming a circle shape.
- Cook tortellini in 2-3 batches, in hot salty boiling water for 6 minutes or until firm.
- Drain, and then add to sauce!