1/1 Photo of Basic Tortellini Pasta
See my recipes for tortellini fillings--these are what I've used to fill this pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
- 2Create a well with the flour and salt.
- 3Whisk together the three eggs, oil and water thoroughly.
- 4Add wet ingredients little by little to center of flour well, mixing gradually until dough becomes a ball.
- 5Turn onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until ball is smooth and elastic.
- 6Add more water if necessary.
- 7Allow to rest for thirty minutes in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap.
- 8After thirty minutes, cut dough into circles that are approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- 9Place 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of filling in center of dough circle, fold over into a half moon shape, and then join edges around your finger, forming a circle shape.
- 10Cook tortellini in 2-3 batches, in hot salty boiling water for 6 minutes or until firm.
- 11Drain, and then add to sauce!
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Tortellini Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 124.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g