Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Makes 4 Cups
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- In a 3 quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the thyme and carrot and cook until the carrot is quite soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, with their juice, and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer until as thick as hot cereal, about 30 minutes. Season with salt. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for 6 months.
Lovely! Great smell and color and flavor. I used it with spaghetti, and had rave reviews! Thanks Ms Pia!!!