Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
In most sandwiches, Tomatoes compliment the main ingredient, usually a meat. In the Tomato Sandwich, tomatoes are the meat of the sandwich. Here is the basic tomato sandwich. From here, you can build your own "DELUXE" version that suits your taste as well as your specific dietary needs.
- 2 slices enriched white bread
- 1 medium tomatoes, Sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Spread the mustard on one side of each slice of bread.
This was a good sandwich. I did add swiss cheese to mine. Very simple I never thought to just use tomato's for the "meat" of the sandwich. I used on the vine tomatoes from the store to have that homegrown taste. Thanks for the recipe.